Modelling of road and rail bridges over tracks (de: Abbildung von Straßen-/Bahn-Brücken über dem track)
For measurement and asset management reasons in tools like http://www.gpsinfradat.de also brigdes over a railway line shall be modelled to be exchanged via railML. At the moment as a specific attributes of a brigde is used (see http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:bridge#Specific_Attributes_of_brigde).
A better modeling with railML 3 should be achieved.
- Forum discussion:
- Alexander Wolf, 24.10.2015: [https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=408&start=0&]
- Torben Brand, 08.09.2017: [https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=533&start=0&]
- Trac tickets:
- Wiki documentation:
Proposed solution for railML 2.x
Proposed solution for railML 3.1
Bridge, Tunnel and Level Crossing shall have a common base data type that defines a crossing of the railway track/line with "something else" (a road, another rail, a mountain, a valley, etc.).
Some basic modelling rules:
- it shall be possible to refer to an arbitrary number of "crossed elements" from one xCrossing
- the constructional realization (bridge or tunnel) of the xCrossing shall be implemented as attribute and shall not be included in the name of the functional infrastructure element
- if "something" crosses under the railway track/line, it shall be named an underCrossing
- if "something" crosses over the railway track/line, it shall be named an overCrossing
- if "something" crosses the railway track/line at same level (usually only roads, streets and ways), it shall be named levelCrossing