The platform element
As discussed in the forum thread [http://www.railml.org/forum/ro/index.php?group=1&offset=0&thread=66&id=274] the element
platformEdge is not sufficient to model the complete functionality of the "operational platform" such as interchanges between trains at different platform edges, which belong to the same platform. Therefore, a track-independent new element
platform needs to be defined.
- Forum discussion:
- Carsten Weber, 20.11.2012: [https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=148&goto=456&#msg_456]
- Trac ticket
- Wiki documentation
- (railML 2) IS:platformEdge: [https://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:platformEdge]
Proposed solution in railML 3.1
Elements and are modelled in separately in the same container element .
The needs elements/attributes for:
- width of the platform: space from platform edge to wall or from platform edge to platform edge
- reference to the platform edges that belong to this platform
- reference to a parent platform (if only segment)