Wiki page about track connections and switches in IS
some examples would be preferred
review modelling concept, extract final solution, document the solution in the wiki
- Forum discussion:
- Christian Rahmig, April 2017: [https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=507&start=0&]
- Claus Feyling, May 2017: [https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=516&start=0&]
- Trac ticket:
- Wiki documentation:
- Switch: [http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:switch]
- Crossing: [http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:crossing]
- Connection between tracks: [http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=Dev:Connection_between_tracks]
Proposed solution in railML 2.4
To clarify: is current implementation and usage as described in wiki article "Connection between tracks" acceptable or not?
Based on community feeback the current implementation is considered being sufficient for railML 2.x.
Proposed solution in railML 3.x
Uncouple attributes @course and @orientation: for defining the course at a switch, it is suggested to always look from the switch begin into the direction of the switch branches. In that case, there are two options: "left" and "right".
The solution for crossings is more difficult and requires further investigation.